Saturday, October 23, 2010

An Autumn Wreath and More

This was the view out of my living room window. Our maple tree this year has been beautiful! I really want it to stay, but I know Fall leaves don't last forever. Me & the girls gathered some leaves in the yard and then went down to the bike trail to gather some more.

We put the leaves in the microwave to dry them out

and preserve their color (same effect as drying them in a big book)

attached them to a grapevine wreath with my glue gun

Ahhhh...I really love having the colors of Fall stay longer.

I took the kids to the park yesterday for our "Annual Fall Pictures"
Caleb had just got a haircut and looks SO grown up

Abby

Ella-bella

Isaac

And my favorite shot of the day!


3 comments:

Janella said...

L O V E the wreath!! it is huge and so full awesome job! I can't believe how grown up Caleb looks in his picture, I really like his shirt!! The pictures are great! When can we have a photo shoot? I'll do the yelling:)

Daryl Hausman said...

Loved the wreath!!!!!!! What a darling family! Love ya, Laura

Stephanie said...

I want a wreath! And love the pics!