Saturday, January 29, 2011

Goals

I found this note a couple days ago. I love her goal (I underlined it) and my other favorite part is the "martha stewart fan."

Speaking of goals. This is my 35 list from last year. The 35 things I wanted to do before I turned 35.
[Desktop4.jpg]
1. Try Pilates -nope, but I have checked into it and I still want to
2. Family Pictures -didn't happen
3.Allow more messes. paint, sprinkle, mud, glitter -pretty sure I did :D
4.Frame pictures to hang in living room -I know what I want but haven't gotten it yet
5.Remember to cherish the little things
6.Have friends over for a gourmet meal -still want to
7.Love unconditionally -everyday
8.Run a marathon make that a 5k -I'm running the Aruna 5k in April with Corrie :)
9.Back up all my pics -Pics are all backed up thanks to Mozy.com and Ricky
10.Spend a weekend away with my husband -Not away, but several weekends with our home to ourselves
11.Draw closer to God -want to be even closer
12.Go camping -didn't happen last year but it will this year
13.Learn to make authentic Chinese at home -besides springrolls, it didn't happen
14. Have a girls nite out with my 4 girlfriends -3 out of 4 does not count
15.Refinish an old piece of furniture -I got the piece of furniture, now to refinish it
16.Sew something -Oh yeah, a pillow - pictures below :)
17.Start saving for a SLR - LOVE it
18.Keep my blog updated YES! I did it!
19.Read "Bringing up Girls" and boys check
20. Have people over more often -have to work on this again
21.Discover a way to make my kids love veggies -decided this is impossible
22.Get up earlier -check
23.Plant a tree -did it, love it
24.Give more-hugs, kisses, love, time, forgiveness -can always do more
25.Bake something for each of my neighbors -yep
26.Have a girls' day out with my daughters -more than once :)
27.Learn to make bread from scratch -mmmmm
28.Remodel bathroom -not yet
29.Organize my photo prints -kind of, good enough
30.Paint living room -so loving it
31. Learn photoshop -I think I was dreaming
32.Memorize Scripture with my children -not as much as I wanted to
34.Walk at the park with Isaac -some
33.Finish reading my Bible completely through -didn't happen, but I made progress
35.Sell on Ebay -done

Yikes! I still have a lot to do, but I did get a lot done too :) Now I'm working on a new list. 36 things to do before I turn 36. I loved being able to go over my list to see my accomplishments and to keep focused on what I still want to do. First thing on the list -- Make a list :)

Back to #16...
since I can't wait to show you my mad sewing skills. I found 2 napkins on clearance at Crate and Barrel for $1.95

http://images.crateandbarrel.com/is/image/Crate/MateoNapkinF10?$web_zoom$&extend=110,110,110,110
I love the colors and I love the pattern.

So I borrowed my Mom's new sewing machine, and sewed them together and stuffed them with fluff!

they think the couch is much comfier than a table :)


8 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Janie, love your Abby's note to Ella, too cute!!
Your list was inspiring also. =)
You did a great job sewing your pillow...your couch looks fun with all those pillows. =)
Noah said, "Oh, I want to see (the post of) Isaac playing with the legos," and Sarah said, "I want to play with the legos." =D
Have a super weekend in Jesus! =)

Rob and Deanna said...

LOVE, Love, LOVE, the note from Abby to Ella!! So Sweet, & the "meet me in the closet" is too cute! :-) Pillows look Great! You did Super on your list I think. Got most done & worked on a lot of the others. Way to Go!

Keith and Crystal said...

I LOVE the note! How very sweet.

I really like you goals, too. Inspiring! :) Your pillow looks great, too.

Have a great week!

Barb said...

Loved Abby's note..precious keepsake!
... Your pillow looks nice and your list was inspiring!

Stephanie said...

Great way to use those napkins! I heart your ideas!

sarahmfry said...

love the note
love your list
love pillow
love your blog

(you feelin' the love?)

sarahmfry said...

love THE pillow
love my typos

Daryl Hausman said...

Fun post... my girls usually find you blog, while they are "doing school"... Uh... great advantages of Home schooling, I guess. I usually don't care as long as they get their school DONE for the day!
Love ya,
Laura