Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Kitchen Update (part 1 of 2)

I have wanted a chalkboard in my kitchen forever!
I thought it would be great for doodling

And jotting down notes

I knew my kids would love it

I could put my never-ending to do list there

and leave notes for the kids

put my grocery lists there

Plus I just think they're pretty!

Here's my attempt...
I measured my cupboard doors, then made a trip to home depot for a sheet of particle board and some chalkboard paint.
(before picture)

Home Depot cut the board to size, and me and my handsome helper went to work painting

I attached my new chalkboards to my cupboard doors with liquid nails

primed it with chalk

and started doodling, listing, and menu-planning


Hmmmm...what to do with the leftover board? I drew some lines on the board and Carl cut the pieces out

I did a little sanding

a little painting and a little more sanding

Ta-Da

I love it! Definitely worth the $6 board and the paint :)

2 comments:

Misty said...

Very cute!!! BTW: I saw a metal "EAT" napkin holder at Hobby Lobby last week and thought of you =) It was red too!

Stephanie said...

Can I just say my friend is AMAZING?! LOVE it!

Love from,

Your favorite DIYer Wannabe