Monday, April 18, 2011

Anniversary 5K

Carl and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary last week. Our kids went to Indy for the weekend, so we had the whole weekend to celebrate. We ran our first 5K on Saturday! I placed 238th out of 584 runners. Although I wasn't 1st place I was able to run the entire time (hooray!) which was a 1st for me. It was an awesome experience and I'm sure it won't be our last race:)

We started the day off with these YUM! (sarcasm)

And the sky looked liked this! We did get wet but the sun was out by the end of the race :)

Special thanks to all my sponsors! I was able to meet our fundraising goal and earned a T-shirt!

And before I forget here is Isaac with his stitches. He smashed his finger in the garage. But he's all better now and almost all his stitches have dissolved.

And another one Abby took, because she thought he was cute sitting in a pile of dirty laundry playing the harmonica!

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Happy Anniversary!

Glad y'all could run together, how fun! Congrats on running the whole time...that is a long race. I'd never be able to do it. =)

The Dickinsons said...

Oops! Forgot to say how SAD I was to hear about little Isaac's finger and stitches. I hope it's all healed up now!

Daryl Hausman said...

Dear janie,
Missed you guys, Sunday. (sorry, I'm late with a note to ya, though!) And I was thinkin about you all and this race and wondered how it went! Congratulations... I'm sure I couldn't have made it at all, let alone placed! :) love ya,
Laura and family

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

Congratulations! Your very first race and you placed in the upper half of the runners.That's quite an accomplishment!

Barb said...

I miss that cute little guy in the laundry basket....It was so great having the whole gang for the week-end....MISSES!

Stephanie said...

Hey! I still need to pay! And, I am still proud of you!

Hugs!!