Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall-ness

Our kids had a long weekend over Columbus Day, so they got to spend a few days with Grandma & Grandpa and their cousins.  My parents took them to see Mississinewa 1812 in Grant County. They got to watch battle reenactments of the War of 1812.
http://www.mississinewa1812.com/2011/battle/images/2011_0364.jpg
And also got to see how people lived in the 1800's.  They had candle-making, blacksmiths, soap making, carving, weaving, and all kinds of other fun stuff!
http://www.mississinewa1812.com/2010/sights/images/104-robishaw_0230.jpg
Which meant Carl and I had a long weekend to ourselves.  And yes, I ended up in a tree stand. Someone asked me if I'm now addicted to hunting. Um, no. But I did have a great time, and I must say I am addicted to hanging out with a certain hunter :)
He's my favorite!
The other day (after the kids were back)  Isaac walked into the room completely dressed in Carl's hunting gear!
This is his "Ella" pose.  Lately every time I get the camera he strikes this pose, just like Ella.  It cracks me up!
I. love. that. smile!
Caleb has been playing flag football after school and just had his last game, which he scored 2 of the 2 touchdowns.  Go Caleb!
Every year I drag take my kids to the park for Fall pictures.  This year the leaves were mostly gone but I did get some pictures.  Any picture I get with all 4 kids looking at the camera is a favorite.  And if they're all smiling that's a bonus!  This one did not meet that criteria.  But I still love it!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Cute!!! Love the Ella pose!

Anonymous said...

: ) From Me! ~JS

Daryl Hausman said...

I L.O.V.E It!!!!
Love ya,
Laura

The Dickinsons said...

Love all the pics!!! Way to go...standing by your man even in a deer stand. =)

Now I must go "Stand by my man" and finish packing to fly to Argentina tomorrow! =)

Hugs,
~Heather~

The Dickinsons said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Keith and Crystal said...

I loved all the pictures. :) I love Ella's feet in the last one. I'm glad you guys had a nice weekend!